IDEA TO PATTERN REVIEW
This is an online course that runs for eight weeks. You can do it each week at or at your own pace. I chose the latter as sometimes I am not that good at keeping up each week.
Gain the confidence and skills to bring your idea into a working pattern.
Classes start May 16th, 2022
Sign-ups open May 9th and close May 13th, 2022
This eight-week workshop walks you through the steps of knitted pattern designing including in-depth talks on sketching and swatching, grading and yardage, formatting and layout, and working with tech editors and test knitters.
You’ll receive access to over 6 and a half hours of video content, plus worksheets and resources to help guide you through the design process.
Topics are divided into seven intervals, one per week, so you have enough time to focus on each topic. During the eighth week, they have a live Q&A session to answer any of your design questions.
You will have lifetime access to all the course materials, including anything that may be added to the workshop in the future. You’ll also gain access to the Pip & Pin Community boards, a space where you can ask questions, connect with other designers and share your work!
Instructor: Megan Nodecker of Pip & Pin Collective
Over the past ten years, Megan has been designing knitwear and knitting. During this time, she has learned the ins and outs of pattern design and she is eager to share her knowledge with you.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Take an idea and turn it into a pattern
- Create knitting patterns using sketches, swatches, and schematics
- The capability of creating the perfect fabric for your design idea
- Pattern knowledge, including PDFs to guide you through the process
- Grading simple patterns
- Calculating yardage for your patterns
- A wide variety of resources
- to help you find your signature style
- Be confident with your point of view as a designer
- Make connections with other aspiring designers
- The Pip & Pin Community, a place where designers gather, is available for lifetime access to all workshop materials
Interested in finding out more?
I have now partnered with Megan to provide you with your own special 10% discount code. Just use the following code when you sign up to get 10% off the course. AF10
Some of the above links are affiliate links. This means that if you end up buying something on the site listed below, I get rewarded for guiding you to their shop!